You sweet people keep asking how you can help.
Here is your answer!
Most of you know Sevi and our girls (Zuri age 4 and Rowan age 3 months) and if you don’t, my family and I are open to your support. Unfortunately, as veterans of the U.S. Air Force, Patrick and I have literally been to war and seen horrific things. But nothing could prepare us when our first born got cancer. Right now, our family needs all of the survival skills and nurturing skills we have cultivated throughout our lives to go to war with this cancer! — Brittany Park
THINGS WE NEED
*Click on the links to go to the website.
- Your time. We could really use people to help us with babysitting (so my husband and I can go out and be alone for once during this crazy process), or volunteering to help with household tasks–grocery store runs, helping us organize our house, ecetera. E-mail Eva.
- Purchase things from our wish list. Some of the items may seem odd, but this whole experience is odd. We are surprised that Sevi’s diagnosis has impacted our ability to stay in our apartment, what household cleaner we use, and what we eat. But, it has. These are the main things we need!
- If you are able and willing, you can make a financial donation for unexpected expenses related to Sevi’s diagnosis. We will keep our blog or donation page updated with how we use the money.
- Right now, we have too many toys (seriously). Our house is overflowing with toys because people have been sending tons. So, for now, no more toys, please.
- Massage oils–Brittany, a licensed massage therapist, has been giving Sevi and Patrick massages to help relieve stress and improve the effect of treatment. We need mild, unscented oils like this jojoba oil or this almond oil.
- Gift cards for living essentials and home goods–we have to replace several things to keep things cleaner or protected since Sevi’s immune system is down. We can get what we need from Amazon, Target, Ikea, Overstock, Walmart, or Target.
- Headwear for Sevi as she loses her hair from chemo. Sevi has started losing her hair and all she wants is “La La Loopsy” wigs or very fun and colorful wigs. Sevi also requested cotton material, soft material, and things that are beautiful. A great company to purchase from is Love Your Melon, who provides cancer research support and hats to children battling cancer. Or, something like this chic, soft beanie.
- Mountain Herb Rose gift cards–We need herbal and aromatherapy products for complementary medicine for Sevi and chemical-free products.
- Sevi loves to read REAL paper books (she is old school) there are a lot of books that she is into at the moment on our Registry –Even though Sevi is 8 years old, she is really advancing in her reading level and will begin a homeschool/tutor regimen soon, thanks to her awesome school!
- Healthy gluten-free meals. We’re still trying to pick up the normal pieces of our life, and we need to eat. We all eat gluten-free, and appreciate any frozen meals, snacks, or deliveries. For example, a subscription to hellofresh.com.